WP9 Workpackage on cross-border care in dentistry
Lead beneficiary: Technische Universitšt Berlin, Dr Dimitra Panteli
- To establish what mechanisms are in place to maintain and enhance the quality of dental care in partner countries?
- Which bodies are involved in the development of those mechanisms?
- How do these mechanisms differ among countries?
- What are the locations in Europe where cross-border movement for dental care is most prevalent?
- How do patients seek and obtain care abroad? (process)
- What are the reasons for patients to seek dental care abroad?
- What are the effects of cross-border dentistry on the local health system?
- Literature review on dental speciality organisations working at the European level
- Questionnaire and semi-structured interviews to establish the systems in place to maintain professional standards and the existence and use of guidelines
- Case studies with in-depth interviews in Austria, Hungary, Germany and Estonia/Finland
For publications related to this work package, please click here
||Health care professionals
||Treatment pathways in Different Countries
||Medical Records and Systems of Data Collection
||Prescription and Medicines
||Patient Choice & Public Reporting
||Long Term Care
||Cross-border Care in Dentistry
||Media Reporting of Quality of Care
||Assessment of the Scale of Cross-border Care
||Potential Implications: Lessons Learnt; Policy Recommendations