WP3 Workpackage on medical records and systems of data collection
Lead beneficiary: London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, Dr Cécile Knai
- To undertake a review of the key policy directions and results of EU-funded R&D initiatives and analyse them from two perspectives:
- have policy recommendations addressed issues pertinent to the development and implementation of discharge summaries in the context of cross-border care?
- have EU-funded R&D efforts thus far produced results that could be utilized in focusing further policy and deployment efforts in the area of discharge summaries?
- To undertake a comparative assessment of hospital discharge summaries, through:
- a systematic literature review of hospital discharge summary (systems) in Europe
- a mapping exercise of hospital discharge summary (systems) in Europe; and 3) a comparative assessment of hospital discharge summaries across Europe
- To describe the nature of information supplied to patients and referring physicians on discharge from hospital in each Member State
- Review of electronic medical records / systems of health data collection in EU Member States
- Comparative assessment of hospital discharge summaries
- Policy recommendations on improving and standardising public medical records across the EU
For publications related to this work package, please click here.
||Health care professionals
||Treatment pathways in Different Countries
||Medical Records and Systems of Data Collection
||Prescription and Medicines
||Patient Choice & Public Reporting
||Long Term Care
||Cross-border Care in Dentistry
||Media Reporting of Quality of Care
||Assessment of the Scale of Cross-border Care
||Potential Implications: Lessons Learnt; Policy Recommendations