- Special edition of EuroHealth
Case studies on different aspects of cross-border care have been published in a recent edition of EuroHealth. Click here to download a copy.
- This project formally came to a close at the end of October 2013.
An overview of the project and its results can be found in the Project Summary, which can be accessed here.
- Hospitals and borders. Seven case studies on cross-border collaboration and health system interactions.
A new book just published, investigating hospital collaborations across a number of borders. Click here to download a copy.
- Regulating Long-term Care Quality. An international comparison.
Available from February 2014, this new book provides case studies on regulation and quality assurance from countries around the world. Click here for more information.
- The 6th Partners’ Meeting and Final Conference took place on Friday 25 October at the London School of Economics.
- European Public Health Association (EUPHA) 13-16 November 2013, Brussels, Belgium.
A number of project partners presented at this conference, on subjects including the standardisation of hospital discharge summaries, care pathways and the role of regulatory bodies in assuring quality and safety. The conference details can be found here.
- How older people and their families and carers use information to
choose a care home in England, The Netherlands and Spain was
presented at 42nd Annual Conference of the British Society of
Gerontology, held at Oxford University, 11th - 13th of September, 2013.
A summary of the results can be downloaded here.
- 5th Partner Meeting of ECAB Project in Budapest, February 7-8, 2013
Our program starts on 7th February 2013, Thursday at 9.00
Venue: Semmelweis University, Health Services Management Training Centre
Eszter Kovács, phone: + (36-1) 488-7622
In order to view a map of the
venue please click here.
- Making choices in health care: a survey to guide policy in the European
LSE Health, as part of the FP7-funded European Union Cross
Border Care Collaboration project, would like to invite you to complete
their latest online survey
Making Choice in
Health Care, looking at how European patients choose health care
providers. In particular this study investigates patients' preferences
of general practice and hospital care to inform EU policy developments.
It also examines their perspectives on what information is needed to choose
a health care provider in both general practice and hospital settings, and
report on their access to information when choosing health care providers.
Would you like to know more about the survey? Please click
Would you like to participate in the survey? Please click
For more information please contact Dr Michela Tinelli,
- Making Choices in Health Care: a survey to guide policy in the European
Union was presented at the European Public Health Association (EUPHA)
European public health conference "All Inclusive Public Health"
in Malta, 7-10 November 2012.
- Is the grass always greener on the other side? Mobility of patients, and
health and long-term care professionals to and from Eastern European
countries. This ECAB project workshop took place at the
International Conference on
Challenges for Health and Healthcare in Europe at Aalborg University in
Denmark, 1-2 November 2012.
Sixty representatives from academia, research and the health sociology
field attended the workshop and discussed: (1) Professional standards,
medical training, registration and licensing, specialist training abroad,
(2) Orthopaedic treatments in Hungary (3) Migrant care workers from Eastern
Europe, and (4) Dentistry case studies from Estonia/Finland and
- EU collaboration on long-term care: an ECAB project workshop
at the 2nd
International Conference and Evidence-based Policy in Long-Term Care,
London, 5-8 September 2012.
Click here to view
blog post on LSE Health and Social Care's blog and here to see
- The project has been granted a 6-month extension and will now officially
run until 31 October 2013
- The 4th partners meeting took place in Berlin, Germany on 24-25 May
- The 3rd partners meeting took place in Vienna, Austria on 22-23 September 2011
- The ECAB information pamphlet is now available. Click
here to view (PDF)
- May 2009
LSE Health awarded €4.5 million research grant
The European Commission's Research Directorate has awarded Professor Mossialos, director of LSE Health, a €4.5 million research grant to develop methodologies and indicators for assessing health system efficiency and quality. This represents the second largest research grant ever awarded to LSE by the Commission and the largest so far from the 7th Framework Programme.